San Diego Division In-Person Swap Meet and Layout Tour
Saturday, October 09, 2021, 01:00pm - 03:00pm
- In-Person Swap Meet: The North County Model Railroad Society will have their fall Model Train Show and Swap Meet on Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 8 a.m. to noon, and will include raffle prizes.
- The Swap Meet will be at the North County Model Railroad Society, located in Heritage Park at 230 Peyri Drive, Oceanside, California. Please remember, the entire park is a no-smoking park.
- This is one of the largest model train Swap Meets in San Diego County.
- The Swap Meet is free for all visitors. (Sellers pay $10.00 per table. Sellers please RSVP here: swapinfo [AT] ncmrs [DOT] org)
- There will be food trucks at the park that day where you can purchase drinks, snacks and lunch.
- The San Diego Division will have a table at the Swap Meet and will sell train cars, hobby books, model train and real train memorabilia, and more. The San Diego Division will also use our Swap Meet table as a recruiting table.
- While some people are ready to leave the Swap Meet at noon, you are welcome to stay and talk with North County Model Railroad Society's model railroaders and visit the layout.
- Layout Tour: The layout tour will be at the HO scale North County Model Railroad Society in the Train Depot building in Heritage Park.
- The North County Model Railroad Society was founded in 1990 and has been in several different locations in North County. The club began construction of its current layout, in its latest home in Heritage Park, on June 18, 2014.
- The club's railroad is a two-level layout modeling from San Diego to Oceanside, then going through Temecula and ending in Colton, California. The layout includes railroad stations, railroad yards, a helix, industry spurs, many towns, multiple industries, multiple tunnels, bridges and more. The layout has nighttime capability including buildings with lighting, street lighting and the layout also has thunder and lightning effects.
- The club is open to the public, has Wednesday Work Nights and the layout has been designed with Operations Sessions in mind. The club has regular Operations Sessions throughout the year. The club invites model railroaders of all ages to join their HO scale model railroad club.
- Please mark your calendars for this Meet, as this is the largest annual event the San Diego Division schedules each year.